NRC #12 -
Art from Aboriginal to ZERO
More than 400 remarkable works
The catalogue of the twelfth edition of NRC Veilingen is now online. A true discovery of this auction is one of the rarest Escher prints - the proto-edition of the woodcut Puddle with a quote of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, later removed from the block. But there are more works of museum quality offered, such as an unknown drawing by Jan van Goyen, a portrait of a woman reading by Willem de Zwart, a colourful portrait of Pisuisse by Jan Wiegers, two beautiful works by Hendrik Jan Wolter and a self-portrait of naked Gerard Fieret.
- A monumental still life by Henk Helmantel
- Limited edition ceramics by Picasso and Niki De Saint Phalle
- Three signed works by Marlene Dumas
- A beautiful beach view by Harrie Kuyten
- A life-size bronze torso by Charlotte van Pallandt
- Cows by Paulus Potter with a very interesting history
- A large collection of De Ploeg artists
- 'Olga', a portrait in bronze of his wife by Jan Wolkers
and hundreds of other works submitted by NRC readers, by such artists as John Hoyland, Bram van Velde, Marc Chagall, Jozef and Isaac Israëls, Francis Bacon, Marius Bauer, Anthon van Rappard, Marc Mulders, Charles Leickert, Cornelis Springer and Leo Gestel.
Explore the complete catalogue online.