NRC #14 -
From Dutch Masters to painted Penguin Books
An action-packed auction
The catalogue of the 14th edition of NRC Veilingen is now online. With almost 500 works, there is much on offer. Competing for the limelight is the above commissioned piece by Harland Miller, easily recognisable as one of his famous paintings from the Penguin cover series with catchy made-up titles. Another highlight is the beautiful conversation piece by the Dutch Master of the Golden Age, Adriaen van de Velde, which is perhaps not as innocent as it seems. Also noteworthy are unique works on paper by Edgar Degas, Floris Arntzenius, H.W. Mesdag, Jan Schoonhoven and Keith Haring, an exceptional sculptural relief by Bram Bogart, a colourful collection of works by Walasse Ting, an irresistible Bossche bol by Sigurdur Gudmundsson, and as the cherry on top: an immaculate copy of Flash by Andy Warhol in the original perspex box.
- Popova's design for the Club of the All-Russian Union of Poets
- Backward running clock by Viktor IV
- Escher’s Order and Chaos
- Balancing spheres by Eun Sun Park
- The 17th century Herring Lady by Carel de Moor Jr.
- Dutch photography by artists such as Cor Jaring, Erwin Olaf, Kees Scherer, Paul Blanca and a life-size portrait of Rineke Dijkstra by Koos Breukel
- A very explicit drawing by George Grosz from Playboy Enterprises
- Aboriginal Art by Emily Kngwarreye, Dorothy Napangardi, Minnie Pwerle and others
- A 17th century seascape by Reinier Zeeman
- Damien Hirst's Mortuary
- Multiple works by Alphons Freijmuth, Charlotte Mutsaers, Sam Middleton, Francis Bacon, Asger Jorn, Constant, Cole Morgan, Jan Sluijters Jr. & Sr., Siep van den Berg, Charles Eyck, Co Westerik and Armando, including his 2.5 by 2 meter signature Kopf, Marc Mulders, Geer van Velde, Nola Hatterman, Xie Nanxing, Ferdinand Erfmann, Hendrik Reekers, Władysław Strzemiński, Marlene Dumas, Henk Helmantel and Kees Verwey
Explore the complete catalogue online.